Today was the first time for me to go back to the doctor since starting the injections. First I had an ultrasound that checked the lining of my uterus. The lining was a 4 and that is where it needed to be. I didn't have any cysts on my ovaries so I was cleared in that department to start taking my stims on Friday. Stims are the medicine I inject into my stomach that cause my ovaries to work on overdrive to get me as many eggs as possible. I will be on Follistim and Menapur. First I start with the Follistim and a few days later I will add the Menapur.
I had bloodwork done as well today. The nurse just called and told me that everything was fine on that end as well to start the stims. So Friday I will start injecting 200cc of Follistim into my stomach. I have another appointment on Monday to check how many follicles (the things that the eggs are in inside the ovary) I have growing and what size they are. I am praying that I respond really fast to the meds and I am able to speed the IVF process along. I really want to know by Thanksgiving if it worked. At the rate I am going now I won't find out until the week after.
The daily injections aren't as bad as I thought they would be. Now, I say that when I am only doing one a day...I'll reevaluate that when I am up to 2-3 a day. :P Every now and then I get hestitant to do the injection...a fear comes over me and I just stop, look at that needle and say out loud...this is for my babies! Then I jab that needle in my leg and feel complete satisfaction. I am that much closer to being a mom and Justin being a dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment